Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dinner tonight

Today was one those rare days that my mum wasn't home to cook, so my dad decided to ta pow (take away) dinner from the newly renovated Old Airport Road Hawker Centre.

Now, the Old Airport Road Hawker Centre is known as a food mecca of sorts, because you can find a whole host of famous makan there, like wanton mee, char kuey teow, kway chap, rojak and not forgetting the legendary Nam Sing Hokkien mee. I haven't had the chance to visit the hawker centre since its facelift, so it was with much delight when my dad annouced that he would be taking dinner orders for food from the Old Airport Road Hawker Centre.

I hurriedly announced that I wanted the Hokkien mee ($3) of course!

I'm glad to announce that the Hokkien mee is still very good even after the hawker centre is renovated! (We all know that the cleaner the hawker centre, the less tasty the food is...kinda strange but true, isn't it?) Well, the noodles were well-flavoured and absorbed the flavourful seafood/pork stock well, though I've to admit it was a tad soggy by the time dad got home with the noodles. The prawns were fresh while the fiery hot sambal was damn shiok! Really gave the Hokkien mee a good kick. 4/5

But I think if I were to eat it there and then when the noodles are freshly fried, it would taste even better.

I now leave you with pictures of my very satisfying dinner... (before I wolfed everything down that is)







Address:
Nam Sing Hokkien Fried Mee - Old Airport Road Food Centre #01-32
Open from 7am to about 8pm or when everything is sold out

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker